Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
Has the following contract position available:
Web Designer/ Front End Developer
We are looking for a talented Web Designer to create stunning websites, email campaigns and artful user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for modern and responsive web sites, understanding current design tools and the devices that access your designs. The successful candidate will be passionate about digital marketing, hard-working, and a continuous learner.
Position Reports to: Brand manager
- Execute all website visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
- Working closely with the marketing team, you will conceptualize original, beautiful and responsive website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Effectively design and understand keyword placement, readability, onsite and offsite optimization to maximize SEO
- Artistically integrate video, animation, images, and audio into content-rich websites
- Working with the Brand Manager, help establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Design and execute modern email marketing campaigns, including: contact segmentation, A/B testing, reporting and analysis
- Assist with design, debugging and maintenance of our existing and upcoming digital assets
- Assist with reporting web traffic using in-house platforms as well as Google Analytics
- Maintain and alter existing WordPress and custom website designs
- Work closely with back-end development
- Participate in design reviews and user acceptance testing
Qualifications and Technical Skills Required:
- 3+ years of demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio – examples required**
- Proven experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Strong understanding of WordPress, capable of deploying new WordPress installations
- Proven understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Interest in understanding Google Search Algorithms to consistently score high page rank
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-device compliant sites
- Strong troubleshooting and analytic skills, with knowledge of current available tools
- Experience in requirements gathering and documentation
- Alignment with the organization’s culture and values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service excellence
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills
- Strong Project management skills
- Detail oriented
- Quality management focus
- Ability to work on strict deadline pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects
Applications are preferred by e-mail to: [email protected] no later than March 24, 2017, and should include a resume and cover letter which includes a brief explanation of
why you feel you would be a good fit for our team and culture.
**Please provide links to 3 or 4 recently completed web projects and apps which you have designed from start to finish.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
About Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
Crossroads is Canada’s leader in providing faith and values media content whose key objective is to add to and bring unity to the Body of Christ through direct and indirect evangelism; to enhance and augment the ministry of the local church; and to build understanding, credibility and attractiveness of life in Jesus Christ. This is accomplished by the creative use of television and other media together with other activities which respond to the mission conscience and needs of the constituency.